Jobless Rate Lowest in Australia since 1976

Seamic

Goed nieuws voor toekomstige emigraten!

THE Federal Government will not become complacent despite employment figures which represent a historic milestone for Australia, Prime Minister John Howard has said.

New figures out today show unemployment has fallen to a new low of 5.0 per cent.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics said the unemployment rate, seasonally adjusted, dipped by 0.1 percentage points in June.

Mr Howard said that for the first time 10 million Australians were now in the workforce and his government had generated 1.7 million jobs since coming to office.

Advertisement:

This was the lowest unemployment rate in the country since 1976, he said.

"People will be tempted to say to me, 'John, those figures are magnificent, the economy is strong, ... why don't you just sit back and do nothing and let the economy take care of itself'," Mr Howard told reporters.

"Now that is tempting and is the easy way out, but if I did that I know that in five years' time we wouldn't have a low unemployment rate."

Mr Howard said that in the next five years he'd try to beat the figures which "represent a new milestone in this country's employment history".

Dat gaat een stuk beter dan in europa / nederland zou ik zeggen. Ik kan niet wachten om te emigreren.

Altijd fijn om dit soort berichtjes te lezen. Het duurt echter nog zo lang voordat ik voordeel hier uit kan halen.  In deze laatste maanden in Nederland kruip de tijd echt voorbij  :|

Back