Krokodil verslindt man

sarabaes

XPdite Sponsor
En het nieuws van down under blijft komen vandaag!  :-D

Krokodil verslindt man

Een krokodil heeft een man verslonden in Australië.Een krokodil heeft een Brit verslonden. Het drama had plaats in de omgeving van het Australische eiland Groote Eylandt. Russell Harris ging er gisteren met een vriend snorkelen voor het Picnic- strand. Hij verdweener spoorloos. In de buurt werd wel een vier meter lange krokodil opgemerkt.Volgens de politie bestaat er dan ook geen twijfel over. Het dier heeft Russell gewoon verslonden

[quote author=sarabaes link=topic=2694.msg29172#msg29172 date=1127726442]
Het dier heeft Russell gewoon verslonden
[/quote]

Dat is een makkelijke manier om van een politie onderzoek af te komen.
:-D

Er is toch nog wat van hem teruggevonden zie :http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,16723138%5E421,00.html

A BRITISH national may have been killed by a large saltwater crocodile while snorkelling off a remote Northern Territory island, police say.

The body of 37-year-old mines superintendent Russell Harris was being flown to Darwin today for a post mortem examination.

Authorities were also hunting the four metre crocodile, which apparently attacked Mr Harris as he snorkelled with a friend in a popular swimming spot, at Picnic Beach, south of Umbakumba Aboriginal community on Groote Eylandt.

Picnic Beach, zo dacht die croc er ook over  :cry:

Willem

[size=14pt]'Jacht op krokodil na dood zwemmers hervatten'[/size]

Uitgegeven: 29 september 2005 11:18

SYDNEY - De jacht op de agressieve zoutwaterkrokodil in Australië moet worden hervat. Die oproep deden deskundigen op het gebied van natuurbeheer donderdag, nadat zoutwaterkrokodillen in twee maanden tijd drie zwemmers hebben gedood.

De zoutwaterkrokodillen werden in het begin van de jaren zeventig tot beschermde soort verklaard, omdat er nog maar een paar duizend in het wild rondzwommen. Sindsdien is het aantal van de levensgevaarlijke reptielen in Australië gestegen naar ruim 100.000.

Een woordvoerder van het toerismebureau van de staat Queensland riep de autoriteiten in de Australische hoofdstad Canberra op snel maatregelen te nemen. "De aanvallen vinden niet sporadisch plaats, maar gebeuren voortdurend. Ze eten mensen, ze eten honden, koeien en paarden."

Juist donderdag werd het stoffelijk overschot van de laatste krokodillenaanval gevonden. Het was een 56-jarige man die had gedoken aan de kust van het Noordelijk Territorium.

Bron: Nu.nl

Net hier op het nieuws dat er weer iemand door een croc is aangevallen en helaas gedood

r59854_164473.jpg

Diver killed in suspected croc attack

A crocodile is believed to have killed a diver in the Northern Territory, the second fatal attack inside a week.
Police say a 56-year-old scuba diver was reported missing by his diving partner at Cobourg Peninsula north of Darwin this morning.
The man's body was found this afternoon near Trepang Bay, about 28 kilometres from the Cape Don lighthouse.
Acting Superintendent Dean McMaster says the man's injuries are consistent with a crocodile attack.
"He was reported missing by his diving companion about 11:30am," Superintendent McMaster said.
"He said that his friend had failed to surface and that he had seen a large crocodile in the vicinity.
"The man marked the exact location of the incident with a EPIRB and a marker buoy and his quick actions assisted greatly in the rapid recovery of the victim."
A crocodile killed British national and mines engineer Russell Harris while he was snorkelling near Umbakumba on Groote Eylandt last weekend.

Willem

Wees voorzichtig met dit soort nieuws op dit forum  :oops:
Straks worden er nog visums aangeboden voor de helft van de prijs  :lol1: :music:

Nee, we hebben weer verse aanvoer nodig hier, als het zo doorgaat zijn we hier zo door de voorraad heen :-D

Willem

Ander risico is dat de achterblijvers extra hun best gaan doen om ons tegen te houden....
M.vr.gr.
Perthpete

[size=12pt]Killer croc will never be found, ranger says[/size]

A Northern Territory park ranger involved in the search for a crocodile that killed a diver on the Coburg Peninsula north of Darwin believes the culprit will never be found.The search for the four-metre saltwater crocodile has been called off.
Park ranger Peter Fitzgerald was one of five people who searched for Russell Butel when the commercial diver went missing in Trepang Bay, 150 kilometres north-east of Darwin, at midday yesterday.Searchers followed the coordinates of an EPIRB tracking device left by Mr Butel's dive partner.They found Mr Butel's body two kilometres away just off a beach early yesterday afternoon.Mr Fitzgerald says finding the crocodile is nigh-on impossible."There are that many crocodiles up there, it's just disappeared into the rest of the population," he said.
Mr Fitzgerald says all commercial divers in the Top End are aware of the dangers.

"They're taking a very grave risk as far as any water-based activity, it's just not on," he said.

He says Mr Butel's diving partner was traumatised by the attack and has returned to Darwin.
He will make a statement to police before flying home to New Zealand

Bron: ABC news online

[size=13pt]Tourists 'need educating' about croc risks[/size]

Crocodile experts say tourists and tour operators need to be better educated about the reptiles to avoid further attacks in Western Australia's far north.The warning follows an attack on a 10-year-old girl from Busselton.

Chantal Burnup was swimming at an isolated pool at Doubtful Bay, north-east of Derby. The family had been puzzled because their pet dog was refusing to jump into the water from their boat.Chantal was then dragged underwater and had to be pulled to safety by her father and brother. Experts, including Graeme Webb of Charles Darwin University, are calling for a better public education campaign about the risks.

"Better knowledge of what the crocs are doing now, how they're moving, when they're moving, we know at this time of year when things start to warm up that crocs are more mobile," he said.

Chantal, who is in a stable condition with deep cuts to her arms, chest and back, today spoke about her terrifying ordeal.
"Well, my dad and my brother had jumped in. I jumped in a little while after them and I turned around to call my dog and something grabbed me underwater, and I tried to get it off me and my dad pulled me out of the water and he pulled me back onto the rocks," she said.
Derby Hospital's acting director of nursing, Rebecca Smith, says Chantal is extremely lucky to have survived.
"She's a brave little girl. Her wounds were assessed and they're being treated here at the hospital but she's in a satisfactory but stable state," she said.

Crocodile experts are resisting calls for a cull of the species.

Bron: ABC News Online

Willem

En toch, als je het vervolg leest;

Croc attack 'won't stop adventure'
By Holly Nott
05oct05
A 10-year-old girl mauled by a crocodile in Western Australia's remote Kimberley region wanted to continue a three-month family sailing trip once her wounds were healed, her mother said today.

West Busselton girl Chantal Burnup suffered bruising, cuts and puncture wounds when a 3m crocodile grabbed her by the torso as she swam with her father and brother Simon in a freshwater pool near Doubtful Bay, 240km east of Derby, on Monday afternoon.
Chantal was pulled under water by the reptile but her father Richard was able to wrestle her free from its jaws as Simon, 14, punched the crocodile in the head.
After being flown by helicopter to a nearby wilderness lodge, Chantal was yesterday airlifted to hospital in Derby, where she is resting today in a satisfactory condition.
Her mother Gabrielle Burnup, who yesterday travelled from the family home, 230km south of Perth, to Derby, 2,400km north of Perth, said Chantal would require surgery on her arm on Friday but might be released from hospital as early as Sunday.
"She's very well. She's had treatment and all her dressings have been renewed and she is lying in bed watching a video," Ms Burnup said today.
"She is OK as long as she doesn't have to speak directly about what has happened.
"She gets very emotional to put herself back into that situation."
Ms Burnup said Simon – who was not injured in the incident – also seemed to be recovering from the shock of the incident.
"He doesn't say much but I think it very much scared him as well," she said.
"I think he was (brave) to get back in the water knowing what was in there, which is what he did. I thought he was fantastic."
Simon yesterday recounted how he helped to save his sister's life as their father pulled her towards shore with the crocodile still attached.
"By that time I got out of the water and was watching and Dad was shouting at me to help," he said outside the hospital.
"So I got back in and smacked it on the head and Dad pulled her out."
Chantal added: "I tried to get it off me and my dad pulled me out of the water and he pulled me back on to the rocks."
Richard Burnup, who initially had to remain with his catamaran, arrived in Derby yesterday.
"He will continue his trip and Simon will go back with him as well, and Chantal will join them again when she is all healed," Ms Burnup said.
"I am quite amazed that they both want to go back but that is what they decided, so that's fine with me."
Ms Burnup said she was in awe of her children, and how resilient they had proved to be.
Mr Burnup, who is separated from his wife, had just begun a three-month trip to Cairns with Simon and Chantal when the attack occurred.

Brave little girl!! :up:
Rene

Back