Voor onze Ozzie gangers even een taal cursus

Ik had hem al eens op Facebook voorbij zien komen, maar hij blijft leuk. Hier nog een filmpje om je Aussie language te oefenen. Was laatst op bij ons op Today show (wel wachten tot het interview).

Last edited:
Zijn pluggers bleven achter het hek hangen en toen waren ze kapot (pluggers zijn thongs, zijn flip-flops zijn slippers)
Enzovoort :)

Ik mis de ondertitels...geen idee wat de unlikely hero allemaal bazelt.
Haha, @FritsC , je bent echt niet de enige hoor! Ik heb ook een aantal keer moeten kijken en luisteren voordat ik alles begreep en heb ook weer wat nieuwe woorden geleerd (mootdangers haha!), terwijl wij toch niet ver weg wonen van waar zij wonen en ik toch regelmatig met dit soort taalgebruik wordt geconfronteerd van tradies en zo. Maar hier de vertaling (gekopieerd van een comment op YouTube)

"We'd been down at 'Options tavern' at a stubbies n singlets party and ah, got dropped off by a mate up the road, and started to walk down the servo to get some noodles, and ahh, went too jump over a sign on the way and busted me plugga"
"I was pretty concerned bout me blowout I just had and ah, looked up and saw a white commodore pull up, 2 blokes with shirts over their faces and yeah, sorta thought something's a bit suss do better go and check it out"
"Mate, I don't go to the gym, havn't been to the gym in years, only gym I got to is Jim Beam"
"I'm not actually married as of yet, that was my manager that hacked my facebook and said I was married but umm, yeah she was more concerned that I broke the brand new plugga's she bought me on Thursday"
"only just briefly"
"yeah, only briefly, just got to see sort of, just the top half of their face, umm, saw the passenger.. I got a good look at him, and umm, yeah so, they got away pretty quickly"
"once they realised their keys were gone, they wer'nt hangin around for very long"
" I was the one thinkin about gettin stabbed"
"we only put it up there just to get a couple of laughs initially, and its unreal that's its just blown out of control"
"i work for hinterland mowers down at Nerang"
"mate... I've got team-mootdangers fishing team, their gonna sort me out with some.. the team mootdangers, look em up on facebook and give them a like"
"it just had to be done, sort out the right from wrong"
"bloody oath"

tavern - pub
stubbies - short shorts or sml glass beer bottle, in this case shorts servo - gas/petrol station
busted - broke/fucked
plugga - thong/flipflop
blowout -the plug on the thong has pulled thru the sole and the strap's loose she's fucked, tho bread clips make a good quick fix
commodore - comman holden car in oz
blokes - men
sorta - sort of suss - suspicious/dubious in nature
moot - vagina, pronounced like foot with a m
dangers - piece of shit stuck to the arse hair of a sheep (shearer's slang)

Er is op YouTube ook een filmpje met ondertiteling, maar dat leidt te veel af vind ik zelf. Je gaat dan teveel lezen ipv luisteren naar dat heerlijke aussie slang en dan ontgaat de humor van het typisch Australisch je een beetje.

Back