For everyone who feels like speaking English....

[quote author=Eerainuh link=topic=2886.msg109999#msg109999 date=1202089917]

Jolanda, ik stuur die pillen nú op....

[/quote]

Sorry, you we're saying? Like the IELTS lady said to me...in English please.... :grin: :grin:

Hi ladies,

Thought to have some practice and join in... (great, this English spelling checker, no mistakes here).

Just got an email for testing your English vocabulary, as well as donate rice to hungry people by testing it.
Have a go at it if you like.
http://www.freerice.com

By the way, by means of practicing, maybe one of you would like to check my blog for grammar or spelling mistakes? Sometimes sayings or expressions creep in simply translated from Dutch to English and that makes awful reading.
Ozzies refuse to 'improve' my English as they reckon mine is as good as the average Australian. But I don't think so. So if you have any feedback I would love to hear it.

Cheers,
Fae

Tum, I have a very stubborn habit; I mix Dutch with English and English with ehhh... a bit of Dutch (only when when I'm nasty).

Anyway, let's hope Yolèndah has received the pills I sent her... haha. Feeling a bit better, Yolèndah?

Eerainuh

:grin: :up: You're the greatest Eerainuh!
Did you sent Jolanda (I appreciate the way you
write Jolanda's name though) the blue or the
red ones? You know, reality versus cybernatic
dreamworld (the Matrix).  :grin:

Miranda

Aaawww, this is so lovely, I mean, Jolanda you just took the red? pil and your speech impairment has disappeared right away. WOW, It's a miracle, Eerainuh, you should start a new career, you can cure people on the spot, mmhhh, I feel a song coming up.... :grin: :grin:

'I feel a song coming up' .... quoting Dame Edna? :-D Speaking of her, here's a test re. Aussie icons: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/quiz/default.aspx?quizid=2558

I scored 9 out of 10, but that must be because of the right pills at the right time...  :lol:

Good luck :)

Weren't there two pills? Of which you could choose? I thought there was a green one and a red one ;) Jolanda... Can you avoid bullets now? :grin:

[quote author=rob en jolanda link=topic=2886.msg110149#msg110149 date=1202211035]
Ehh jehhh I feel a little strange though  :lol:
[/quote]

You mean, stranger than normal? :-D

[quote author=Eerainuh link=topic=2886.msg110148#msg110148 date=1202210827]
'I feel a song coming up' .... quoting Dame Edna? :-D Speaking of her, here's a test re. Aussie icons: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/quiz/default.aspx?quizid=2558

I scored 9 out of 10, but that must be because of the right pills at the right time...  :lol:

Good luck :)

[/quote]

For an Aussie wannabee, 5 out of 10 isn't too bad is it? And yes, I loved to watch Dame Edna,
with het 'possums'  and cheeky comments, it's my cup of tea. But I also love to watch oldies
like Benny Hill, George and Mildred, On the busses. And more recently, Mr. Bean and Bottom,
don't know why, but they just crack me up.

Miranda  :smile:

PS I already know, that Australia doesn't only have states, but also territories. Yes, I'm trying
to improve my knowledge of Australia with a book published by Steve Parish,
pa000048.jpg
1000 Questions and Answers
about Australia  :grin:

[quote author=rob en jolanda link=topic=2886.msg110208#msg110208 date=1202259136]

@Eerainuh, More like ehhh...normal I think  :grin:

[/quote]

I knew it, I knew it! :-D

You have a good one too :)

Ever read Bill Bryson's In a sunburned country? (on Australia of course) Very funny and a good read. Improving your English while being cracked up laughing is a nice manner...

Fae

Just returned from the UK, was chatting to some girls on the plane. They wondered where I learned to speak English so well :D

Was nice to hear as it seems English is the official language of Australia

(or were they just hitting on me :p )

Funny though, although most of us Dutchies speak English whenever you make it to Oz it turns out they don't speak English at all :D

Back