For everyone who feels like speaking English....

Why? You don't expect much input from others? Be our guest though,... just use the occasion to tell us your interesting stories. Even if they haven't much to do with migration. So,... going somewhere this weekend?

By the way,.. it's cold and misty here.

Why? You don't expect much input from others? Be our guest though,... just use the occasion to tell us your interesting stories. Even if they haven't much to do with migration. So,... going somewhere this weekend?

By the way,.. it's cold and misty here.

Exactly, was a bit quiet here since the last reply in ages :)
Not much -on the planning- just a regular weekend with beaches, sun and surfing. Although it is going to rain. It has been unusually cold and rainy this year. And in Europe they had an unusual warm winter... in 10 more years you need to move to the Netherlands if you like warm weather :eek:

no it is cold and misty here...locals call it Bleakheath instead of Blackheath :eek:
Sure it isn't blackhat??

Extremely busy (at work) New assignment. Costs me 5 to 6 days a week at the moment :(

So not much energy/time to write a blogpost. But will try to squeeze it in somewhere!

Extra cash as well? Or are the bastards paying you for 40 hours while working 60?

No extra cash. But at least I can register the hours made so I can add them to my 'leave'. So this way I save up for early retirement :D

(as in extra leave before we move down under)

All in all not too bad I gues :rolleyes: Only the timing is a bit #$%@ As I need time to fix those little things at home instead of sitting in the office. Want to have the long list of small things done before we put up the sign (as in: For Sale)

She'll be alright... :up:

I worked my way down that list of fixes over the last couple of months.
Sign comes in soon at our place.
Not for going down under though.

I worked my way down that list of fixes over the last couple of months.
Sign comes in soon at our place.
Not for going down under though.

Hey Cor, I hope you are doing well mate.

So you are not going to rent, in case you get your visa in the future and you don't want to go through the "house doesn't sell we have to wait" crap? If you are going to buy again...would that have an impact on future migration?

Last edited:
We don't know yet. Rental rates are skyhigh while interest is low.
I have school to finish and a company to run, I don't think we're going to make the move in the next few years.
Sadly...

Thanks, Fol. Appreciated.
But you can, actually.
Keep posting your stories. Keep your and our spirit up!
Oz is out of sight for now, but not out of the heart.

Back