For everyone who feels like speaking English....

We have 8 months to tidy up all the loose ends, and already i'm getting fed up with the incompetence of some companies. Just over 2 weeks ago I phoned my agent for Aegon about a life insurance policy. I want simply to know, can I cash it in, or is it better to keep paying it, and let it mature in 14 years ?

Three phone calls & 2 weeks later, I am still waiting for my agent to call back. I haven't even had him on the phone yet !!!!

I'm sure if I had phoned to ask about taking out some insurance, he would have been on my doorstep in 30 minutes.

Aha, just came up with a brainwave before bedtime, I think "to be passed from pillar to post" is the closest to 'kastje naar de muur'  :)

@Paul:  Exactly, if they can smell a possible sale they'll be on to you like flies, but if you want your money back........... 

[quote author=tum link=topic=2886.msg56515#msg56515 date=1145381502]

BLLLEEEEEEH I hate those 'kastje naar de muur' stories, is there an explanation
for this saying in English by the way?
[/quote]

What about: "Getting stuffed around" ?  :-D :-D

[quote author=Syl link=topic=2886.msg56543#msg56543 date=1145403249]
"van het kastje naar de muur" kan je vertalen met"from pillar to post" maar ik vind de Stuffed Around versie ook heel user friendly! :-D

Groetjes
Syl
[/quote]

not really user/forum friendly, but the Brits would normally use " being f###ed around"  :-D

@syl: this is a English topic not dutch ..... sorry to say ( as i don't speak and or read dutch , that's why i made this topic  :up: :up: :) :)

Swear words do count... So you know some dutch ;)
I've pimped my english last weekend ;) Spent a long weekend with a danish couple, an english couple and an ozzie woman who married a danish man and now lives in Denmark. There we're a lot of dutchies too, but spent most of the time with foreigners. It really helps and I also improved my danish a bit ;)

:-o :-oi know abit of dutch , but not much
Swear words yes ... Well there not to hard now are they .....

please speak english on this site... if you don't know a word in english , then just ask someone :up: :up:

if you don't kow a word in english , then just ask someone

Now Sheila, I always have wondered what you ment by kow??? Your a native english speaker, so do you mean cow? or know????  :-D

No just kidding, As part of the duo Katrina & Koen I know how much of dutch you know and let us tell the rest that it is not enough to read and understand a full dutch sentence.  :wink:

Well Annemiek, I'm happy to hear that you have "pimped" your english although it wasn't bad before you "pimped" it... :)
I just wonder how much you are going to use your danish when your plans are to move to Oz.....  :wink:

Well I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine outside while some of us are working very hard..... :-D

Gr.Koen

so are you saying koen that you want everyone to go back in dutch on  the koen and katrina topic  :cry2: :cry2: ?????

as i like to know too

What do you all think: :| :|

I just read Msn news in Australia

in melbounre they are going to put in pre paid petrol - means you have to pay for petrol be for you put the gas, pertol in the car .
because  there have been some people that fill up and drive off

it's shit , i hate that new law

Gosh, that's pretty un-customer friendly!  :-(

I thought that petrol was quite cheap there, but I guess to us it seems cheap, but to an Australian expensive.  Dutch petrol prices are amongst the dearest in Europe (if not the world?) so I would expect such a rule being introduced here before anywhere like Australia!

2 years ago the petrol was like  between 58cents a liter-89 cents lter

now it's like $1:30 , but  the reason why they want to put in pre- paid is cos there are saome wankers that think they can get away  with out paying for the petrol they put into there car

Just a question; what happens when your tank is full before you've used up your pre-paid amount?

it probably works the same as the tinq stations or 24 hour pumps here. You buy a specific anount, pay for it, and then that amount is dispenced. Been using the system in Holland for years.

as for over buying, I don't know, maybe its debited off the card when the amount is know. (after the transaction) thats probably how the ones here work as well..

I'm a tinq user also, saves loads of money  :up:. At the moment it is
about 8 cents cheaper than fe Shell, Texaco, BP.

[quote author=tum link=topic=2886.msg56685#msg56685 date=1145453710]
I'm a tinq user also, saves loads of money  :up:. At the moment it is
about 8 cents cheaper than fe Shell, Texaco, BP.
[/quote]

I have a company car with company petrol, so I go to where the benefits are the best.  :-D

Yep that's the way it works and I guess it saves companies
lots of money especially when you have a big
sales department.

Makes you wonder, why don't they give you a discount
when flying tinq fuel  :wink:

Miran  :)

or better yet, just give us a portable dvd player
when flying overseas.........we deserve
it. MMMhhhhh domestic...ok they can get a
portable plastic bag made out of the oil
saved from flying tinq......

If this doesn't work the only thing you can do