For everyone who feels like speaking English....

You're going to get married on the beach as well? Or having the party on the beach? Looks like fun to me! :)

Hi Annemiek,

Yep we are getting marrie don the beach and then we are going for a swm. Then at night we have a barby and a bit of a party  :-D

So you won't be all dressed up as bride and groom then? Getting married in your swimshorts and badingsuit?

Yes, you got it right..... :up:

What can I say.... Kat and I don't like to stand out of the croud, we like our wedding day to be our day and we want to do something we feel comfateble by, and so we chose to get married on the beach and then go for a swim after the ceremoni. :-D

That's soooo cool! I would like something like that. If i even get married off course ;) But on the other hand... the fairytale dress is also funny for one day ;)

I guess if you really like to have the whole thing, with hundreds of guests and are willing to pay between $1500,- & $3000,- dollar for a dress. And do anything people expect you to do... yes I can imagine that people would like that, especially when you have always dreamt of a wedding like that. :up:

But I'm very happy Katrina is just like me in this matter. Don't get me wrong if she wanted to have a wedding like that I would have done it for her, not for myself. :lol:

I told ervery one that I will only marrie once, and since it is such a special day, it must be the way we want and not the way people expect it or what is traditional. Only because we are not like that....  :-D

[quote author=jassian link=topic=2886.msg38525#msg38525 date=1133299509]
:-D @ Wilbert:

Just a little note about the languages. Don't worry about it, you'd be surprised at how
easily kids pick up languages even if they don't use them right away.
I was brought up with a mix of two languages as well and it wasn't
a problem, on the contrary, I speak both of them intuitively, (one only almost)
as a native language and that fact made it easier for me to learn new languages.
And I wasn't even supposed to learn both. So even if you two talk Dutch
to each other only sometimes, I'm sure it's gonna be fine.
But it's up to you of course.
[/quote]

Absolutely, but it is possible for them to forget a language almost completely if they stop speaking it before a certain age. I have lived in Indonesia for 9 years since I was 4, I can still speak the language pretty well, but my 2 years younger brother has forgotten most of it, and my 4 years younger brother has pretty much forgotten all of it.

My ideal idea of a wedding is... Getting married in a normal weddingdress (not the princessthingy with diamonds, lace and all the euhh...   (sorry for my dutch word) frutsels...) And then a big party with BBQ in a beautiful big wild garden. Lampions and euhh....  vuurkorven?? everywhere and everybody in casual clothes. I can't tell it properly in english...

That is my main concern. I am not worried that the children will have trouble with the English language, they are young and will pick it up easily. My concern was that they do not learn Dutch sufficiently because thet are so young!

[quote author=Wilbert67 link=topic=2886.msg38467#msg38467 date=1133269038]
At least I am lucky to understand en read English very well, but I am not in a fortunate situation where I speak english everyday :|
[/quote]

This is the some problem for me  :cry:
At the moment I follow an English-course, but this is just for one day in the week for 1,5 hour. It's not enough for me.
I need to practise more, but I'm not able to it.
I need to travel and to speak English....grrrrr (Oz en NZ; here I come....I hope so....next year?  :| )

@ Annemiek,  Well good on you, we are getting married on the beach then go for a swim and then we are going to a location where we can have a barbeque. Since it's fobidden to do that on the beach. You can do it in a park but then you can't have music.  :oops:

Vuurkorven = Bonfires (aussie slang for almost any fire you make)

Don't worry about no knowing everything in english, neiter do I and still everybody understands what I mean... :up:

@Jean76,

You don't need to travell to practice your english, you can go to an Irish pub, most people that go there or work there are speaking english anyway.
If you come to the dinner saturday you can come allong afterwards to an Irish pub were Katrina works, you'll have to speak english, besides that you can speak english to me and Katrina on saturday all the time, Katrina doesn't speak dutch that well yet so you'll have to speak english to her anyway...  :up:

Greetz,
Koen

@Koen: That's a great idea  :lol: . But I'm not sure if we can go there. I don't know how long it will take in Lofen.... And I need to be back to Hoog Catherijne at 23.30, because I've to take my train back to Groningen  :-(
I love Irish pubs  :up: . In my city we have also two Irish pubs, but only one of it is the real one!!!

Hey Jean76, For as far i have understood we will be there till 22:00 hrs so you still have an hour and a half, although I'm not sure how far it is from lofen to the station. I know it takes only 5 to 10 mins. to the pub from the station. :up:

[quote author=Koengaroo link=topic=2886.msg38889#msg38889 date=1133529391]
Hey Jean76, For as far i have understood we will be there till 22:00 hrs so you still have an hour and a half, although I'm not sure how far it is from lofen to the station. I know it takes only 5 to 10 mins. to the pub from the station. :up:
[/quote]

I've sent you a PB  :wink:

[quote author=Sheila link=topic=2886.msg38893#msg38893 date=1133533085]
hello jean76,

see how you go, and if you can make it ,it would be great .....

[/quote]

It would be nice to meet you  :wink: . Is it maybe possible in the begin of the afternoon?

:-D Koen:

Ah, so it's basically completing the wedding? Although, I'm not even sure if that's the right term.
Sounds cool. I'm not sure what kind of wedding I'd like, actually.
I was always thinking of something out of the ordinary. I think by the time I find the way I'd like I'll be 80!  :-D :-D :-D
My boyfriend would like one of the traditional ones... so it can still go either way.

:-D Singa:

[quote author=Singa link=topic=2886.msg38871#msg38871 date=1133521000]
Absolutely, but it is possible for them to forget a language almost completely if they stop speaking it before a certain age. I have lived in Indonesia for 9 years since I was 4, I can still speak the language pretty well, but my 2 years younger brother has forgotten most of it, and my 4 years younger brother has pretty much forgotten all of it.
[/quote]

Hmm. That's something I haven't thought about. We were still in touch with our relatives
(in Romania) so I got frequent input of both languages.

By the way, does 'Singa' mean Lion?

:)
Annemarie

[quote author=jassian link=topic=2886.msg38999#msg38999 date=1133636963]
By the way, does 'Singa' mean Lion?
[/quote]

Yes it does  :)

I think the correct term is sealing the marrige.

Well, what else can I say today, I guess I'll have to wait till somebody writes again before I can tell anything meaningfull.... :)

I guess i'd better get some work done.... by the way is anybody celebraiting Sinterklaas tonight??? I guess half of the people is going home early today.

A well, see ya'all later.... :-D

IIIIIIIIII DIDDD IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!

I just got the offer from the CSU in wagga wagga.
I'm going to Australia for at least three years and I"M GONNA BE AN ACTRESS!

YES!!!!!

The little earthquake you just felt was me yelling!

I'm so happy!
I want to hug you all!!!!!!

:wow3::wow3::wow3: :happy: :happy: :happy:  :dance: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Back