For everyone who feels like speaking English....

Way to go,

but Koen getting back to our topic,

where oh where did everyone else go, could it be that:

a. they don't like our discussion
b. they are waiting for us to finish
c. they don't like us?

Cheers  :)

[quote author=jassian link=topic=2886.msg43212#msg43212 date=1137156817]
d. we write too much and too fast?
[/quote]

Can't keep up with your speed.
:gramps:

where oh where did everyone else go, could it be that:

a. they don't like our discussion
b. they are waiting for us to finish
c. they don't like us?

I guess all of the above....  :up:

I think they don't think it is this interessting to talk about... :lol: :cry:
And as far as Rene is concerned, he admitted it himself.... 
Can't keep up with your speed.

So maybe we should give people  some time to react before we move on with our reactions to one an other... :-D

Or maybe..... NOT......  :devil: :loldevil:

We'll see where this goes.... :up:

Gr.Koen

OK..... I've been waiting for 4 1/2 hours now :beach:
But I think momentarily we are missing out aren't we  :group:
I want to chat again  :blahblah:
but instead I took a bath  :bath:
maybe it helps me relaxing
but no, my computer is calling for me.................aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh

So I'm back, where's everyone else
please talk to me, please, o please, ........pretty please?

[quote author=tum link=topic=2886.msg43288#msg43288 date=1137181104]
So I'm back, where's everyone else
please talk to me, please, o please, ........pretty please?
[/quote]

Well, Tum, where are YOU?? Ive been waiting for you!

Ah, well, I guess I'll have to look at the other topics. :cry:

Rene

Sorry guys,

Sorry Rene for the LONG LONG WAIT. You got me. I didn't wait that long, just to check out the other topics Rene  :wink:

Hé Jassian, is the Reiki just for relaxing or are you having a go at Reiki 1, 2 & master? I have a friend who is doing this, very interesting  :up:

And Koen, I haven't got the foggiest what to discuss next, how can we ever get another topic that interesting as 'NORMAL/UNIQUE' again.
Maybe one of our fellow xpditians have an idea?? Come on everyone..... :) :)

But, this one if for Rene, I'm glad you joined us  :group: grouphug  :doofywave:

Bye for now  :later:

[quote author=tum link=topic=2886.msg43340#msg43340 date=1137227065]
But, this one if for Rene, I'm glad you joined us  :group: grouphug 
[/quote]

Take you up on that the next time I see you!!

Rene

:-D @ tum:

Just did my first grade, mate.
Sounds impressive, I don't know what it means yet, but my palms
get nice and warm and I can send out healing energy...
Works on me and others. Pretty cool. Very relaxing.
The way you got to "not do" reminds me of the acting style I like.

(did anyone here still doubt I'm totally nuts?  :evil: :-D )

@Rene  :-D :-D  :group: Will do!

@Jassian way to go, first grade, take your time, now is your learning time isn't it!

Take care,

Miranda  :)

Uhum. And about 3 weeks of adjustment, I'm already feeling a little
confused. I also normally have icey hands, now they're
warm to hot most of the time. Very strange *G*

I have a question for those who have already left to Oz, I'd like to know what the had to do with cancelations of f.i. ensurance, or bank accounts and othere stuff.

Is there anybody who can give some sort of table of contance on these kind of cancelations ?

By the way, the reason I'm writing it here in this topic is so that Katrina can read the replys with answers aswell... :up:

Gr.Koen

I found some stuff on the internet, but it's not so complete, and its from the UK.
I think there might be more lists on the forum. Anyway here goes:

Things you need to do before you go, not in any particular order they get added as they get submitted. ! if you have any more to add please contact us.
(Usually you also get check lists from your shipping company, I have some too)

1) MAKE A LIST!!.
2) Cancel all contracts, telephone, utilities, mobile phone, house insurance, community charge etc. Always best to do it in writing and keep a copy.
3) Cancel standing orders, direct debits etc. for the above and make sure you cancel with the bank as well as the company. If you have yearly subscriptions to anything make sure they are cancelled as they are easy to overlook.
4) Driving licence - notify DVLC of address change, and cancel your car insurance, get letter confiming No Claims Bonus as you can use it in Australia.
5) Notify, tax office, insurance company (life insurance etc.) if you have shares notify company of change of address.
6) Send back as much junk mail with "moved and gone away return to sender" on them (cuts down on mail needing to be redirected) best to start this a few months in advance.
7) Sort out your mail redirection.
8) If you have bought a laptop to use while PC is transported, don't forget to copy across all your email addresses, contacts and favourite sites as well as copies of all documentation that you may require.
9) Arrange to ship your belongings, see shipping. for list of companies.
10) Book your flights, see travel for good deals on flights.

11) Mobile - should work in Australia but you may need to "unlock" it. Some Nokia Models can be unlocked for £3.50 BY EMAIL . See Phone Freedom or take a look at Unlocking Mobiles. Once unlocked you can buy a pay as you go SIM in Australia for about $25.
12) If you have children, get school reports, vaccination records. (medical notes if possible).
13) Decide on Australian Bank Account. If you going to open an offshore account do it before leaving UK.
14) Make a will. If you make a will in Australia it overides any UK will, its best to have a Uk one covering UK assetts and an Oz one covering Oz assetts but have reference in the Oz will referring to UK one..
15) Book your flight. Also get your accomodation arranged.

Hi All,

I'm actually a bit nervous about using this thread, I may be a Native English (Scottish) speaker but you guys English is so good!

After 13 years in the Netherlands my English is getting steadily worse, I can't spell etc anymore, and I even think in Dutch (but apparantly still talk/swear in English in my sleep so subconciously I must still think in English!).

Mees has his IELTS test next month so now we're trying to only talk English at home, poor Shea must be getting a bit confused, wonder what her first words will be!

For those of you who would like to know the origin of some English words watch Balderdash & Piffle on Monday night on BBC2.

[quote author=Scutch link=topic=2886.msg43908#msg43908 date=1137586730]
but apparantly still talk/swear in English in my sleep so subconciously I must still think in English!).[/quote]

:lol1:

Well, welcome on the thread, and no worries, as they say.
It's not like we have spelling competitions here or anything.
I don't have a tv eh connection? anymore so can't watch bbc2,
or anything else for that matter.
I find the origins of words very interesting too, so if you know
of a few nice ones and want to share, please go ahead :)

For Shea it must be fun. Kiddies are usually really good at juggling
languages. She might still surprise you all   :wink:

:-D
Annemarie

Hi there,

There is no reason to be nervous for this topic, everybody makes mistakes and that is ok, as long as you have the feeling you are picking up from it.
If you just look at my girlfriend (don't meen this in a nasty way) Sheila is also a native english spreaker, however she makes plenty of mistakes aswell just like we dutch make mistakes in dutch still.

For the little one it is only good, she will now have the benefit of two native languages, she will have fun when later speaking to english to the dutch and dutch to the english.... :-D

ANyway welcome and join or start whatever topic you want to discuss as long as it is in English. :up:

Greetz,
Koen

Hi there,

Yippie you're more than welcome to our always high standard  :lol: type of discussions  (I don't even believe myself when I say this  :doofywave: ).

If you have a very urgent, not urgent, foolish, smart, sensitive etc. etc. topic you would like to talk  :gossip: about, be 'our' quest.

The more the merrier (if I spelled this correctly) they always say, don't they.

Bye

Miranda

Back