For everyone who feels like speaking English....

[quote author=perthpete link=topic=2886.msg71068#msg71068 date=1158240844]

It is just a fact (of life ?) that would we ever win the biggie (lotery) we would definitely quit working and spend more time on our hobby's.

So, with a smile to bed, because tomorrow is another change to make some bucks!
Peter
[/quote]

Hmm, quit working, can you tell me if they have 'pleisters' for that too.

Hey pete, are you changing jobs again? You, money wolf......

How is everybody today? Did you all had a nice weekend? I didn't do much, because I was very tired, but I did practise for my IELTS test which I have to do on the 14th of October.
Well have to work again today, but I've got a late shift, so I don't start until 3 pm.

We had a nice weekend. The wether was good, so I was in a good mood  :)

Saterday we had a dinner with my parents, it was very nice.
Yesterday I had to work, but i started at 5 o'clock so we had the day with the family.

Jolanda  :up:

[quote author=linda link=topic=2886.msg71266#msg71266 date=1158561042]
[quote author=perthpete link=topic=2886.msg71068#msg71068 date=1158240844]

It is just a fact (of life ?) that would we ever win the biggie (lotery) we would definitely quit working and spend more time on our hobby's.

So, with a smile to bed, because tomorrow is another change to make some bucks!
Peter
[/quote]

Hmm, quit working, can you tell me if they have 'pleisters' for that too.

Hey pete, are you changing jobs again? You, money wolf......
[/quote]

Linda,
Do you mean 'pleisters' for quit working in the way that we as individuals would quit functioning ? (;-)
And no, I wil not be changing jobs, at least not in the next few months. I am on a three months contract with option for extension (the contract, not me personally ;-) ). And who knows, if I am still happy there AND they have the budget I might even become a full-time / permanent employee...
We'll see!
Peter

It's only 3.30 pm  :lol: That's no time to go to bed  :wink:
Well, I had a good day at my work. I asked my boss if I could go and work full time (full time is 36 hours and I work 32 hours). He approved, at least for a while. So now I've got some extra savings for my visa application and for when I enter Australia. Hope to work 36 hours for a year (if everything goes following plan, I will go to Australia in November next year, but it could be later if the AIWCW or DIMA aren't cooperating and slow).

Catkin,
It is definitely time to go to bed when you're working from 1.30 AM till 10.30 AM.  :-D :-D :-D

Great that your boss has approved your extra hours. I hope you are not going to find that it is a bit hard to work more hours every week! In Holland I used to work 4 days (long days of 9 hours, and 3 hours travel per day) and here I am working 5 days. Fortunately the days are reasonably short (7.30 - 4.30) and the travel is only an hour a day. Although I/we now have time to spend time on hobby's through the week, the weekends are still a bit (about a day ;-) ) too short.

Maybe in time we will be able to discuss working 4 days a week in stead of 5.
Peter

36 hours a week instead of 32 hours a week is not that much more. I make days of 8 hours and now I have to work one week 4 days and de next 5. So I've still got plenty of time. And by the way, I just need the money for the immigration, so it's a good course.

I would love to be working 4 days a week! Or 3! Or 2!
But mortgage and all that sort of stuff makes it a bit difficult.
Hanging for a holiday, in 5 weeks time I'll get 2 weeks, in 4 weeks time a couple of days up north, and over Christmas another two weeks!! (Haven't had a break since June last year, though... Before all you guys start thinking I have way too many holidays!

Greetz,
Inacar

Well it's nice to have some days off and have a holiday coming up. I have 1,5 week in November. I also take 1 week extra with me to next year. If my viosa application should get trough next year I want 2 or 3 weeks holiday before I leave, to move my furniture and stuff. I don't want to pay another month rent, while I don't work anymore here in the Netherlands, so next year I'll be waiting a bit with taking holiday's. I'll take soms holiday, but save 2 a 3 weeks for that...

Catkin,

It is for a good ´cause´ (I think) not a good ´course´... Unless you meant to attent a course of course (?). Then you are hoping your visa will get ´trough´ next year, but that was probably a typo, meaning in fact ´through´

But now back to the content: It is a very good idea to spare as many days as possible for your travel to Australia. I myself worked till one week and a half and Ellen till 4 or 5 days before we actually left. That was great, the first weeks in Australia were in fact paid holiday that way.
Peter

[quote author=perthpete link=topic=2886.msg71587#msg71587 date=1158834371]
Catkin,

It is for a good ´cause´ (I think) not a good ´course´... Unless you meant to attent a course of course (?). Then you are hoping your visa will get ´trough´ next year, but that was probably a typo, meaning in fact ´through´

But now back to the content: It is a very good idea to spare as many days as possible for your travel to Australia. I myself worked till one week and a half and Ellen till 4 or 5 days before we actually left. That was great, the first weeks in Australia were in fact paid holiday that way.
Peter
[/quote]

Yes that's what I wanted to say... Cause instead of course. And with Through I just typed to quickly... But thanks for letting me know. Have to be prepared for my ielts test, so I'm writing here a lot, to practise my english writing skills.

I just have to wait and see when I can get my visa and leave. By then I'm going to take a holiday. Hopefully I can get a bit of a paid holiday as well. Thats great!

hello everyone,

hope you are all doing well over there in Holland and the weather isn't getting to cold....lol

Here the weather is warming up quite nicely, i must say  as it was 36 yeaterday and that's in spring.

Well good luck to you all in the visa and the plans to come to Australia :cool:

Katrina :up: :up:

[quote author=perthpete link=topic=2886.msg71587#msg71587 date=1158834371]
Unless you meant to attent a course of course (?).
[/quote]

It's 'attend' with a D. :)
In Dutch I'm always guessing my d's and t's, I'm better at it in English ;)

Hey there Katrina,

Good to see you again! Or at least, to see you typing here again.
Weather here in Perth in Oz is not too great at the moment, we've had a lot of rain.
Got my sis coming over in a couple of days to see our house and dogs for the very first time. Could you all please keep your fingers crossed the weather will turn out fine, just for the first few days? Want my new home to show itself in its bestest light!

Greetz,
Inacar

Ineke,

Are you sure about the weather in Perth? I would not say we have had a lot of rain here ... ;-) Then again we are of course fairly new in Perth, and maybe still a bit too much used to the Dutch weather ;-). I believe this winter we have had only 400 millimeters of rain, and normally that should have been around 800 millimeters.

But we will discuss that later (face to face) ;-)

Perthpete

Hey, where talking again. I'm better in talking in this topic than at my IELTS test, so I'm just gonna ask if they can judge me on my talking ability in this topic  :lol:
Everybody alright? I hope so.  I'm not very well. Jut feel a bit sick, but have to work so I can't be siock for the next 3 days...
How's life in Australia? Here in Holland it's cold and boring :|  :wink:

[quote author=Catkin link=topic=2886.msg73116#msg73116 date=1160936711]
Hey, where talking again. 
[/quote]

Is that: Hey we're talking again? Or: Hey, where are you talking? :-D

[quote author=perthpete link=topic=2886.msg73062#msg73062 date=1160816240]
Are you sure about the weather in Perth? I would not say we have had a lot of rain here ... ;-)
[/quote]

You're right. Was just wingeing. Weather is allright. I am just a good weather-person, we should've moved to Brissie or Cairns, or something. Nice and hot: bring it on!

@ Catkin: did your IELTS not go well?

Inacar

Back